AmCham China Chairmen's View From China in D.C. 2017
AmCham China & CHINADebate U.S.—China Trade/Business Series 2017
In February 2017, the Chairman of the American Chamber of Commerce in China,
along with several past Chairmen, came to Washington, D.C. for the annual Congressional 'Door Knock.'
The presidents joined us while on their annual Washington 'Door Knock' visit for meetings with members of Congress and other government leaders. Terrific insights from leaders on the ground in China.
While in D.C. the Chairmen joined us in a panel discussion and individual interviews
about U.S. business in China, U.S.-China relations, trade, and much more. We present their views in a 13 part series.
Sheryl WuDunn, business executive, lecturer, best-selling author, and winner of the Pulitzer Prize moderated.
Moderated & Interviewed by Sheryl WuDunn, business executive, lecturer, best-selling author, and winner of the Pulitzer Prize moderated.
1. Meet the AmCham China Chairmen
2. 'U.S. companies feel less welcome in China.'
3. 'On trade, reciprocity should rule.'
4. Trade & Innovation
5. Open China’s Markets to U.S. Business
6. ‘Is Jack Ma right, will e-commerce create U.S. jobs?’
[Q&A] Dennis Wilder, Georgetown University, Assistant Professor of Practice & Senior Fellow at the Initiative for US-China Dialogue on Global Issues
7. ‘Has China decided Foreign Direct Investment isn't so important for them?’
[Q&A] Pieter Bottelier, Visiting Scholar, School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University (SAIS)
8. ‘How do we solve the problems between the U.S. and China?’
[Q&A] Christine Vick, The Cohen Group
9. What's the most pressing challenge now?
[Interview] Bill Zarit, Chairman of AmCham China, Senior Counselor, The Cohen Group
10. 'China's Got To Realize The Gig's Up'
[Interview] James McGregor, Chairman, APCO Worldwide Greater China region | former Chairman of AmCham China (1996)
11. 'Re-look WTO agreements with China.'
[Interview] Dennis Wilder, Georgetown University, Assistant Professor of Practice & Senior Fellow at the Initiative for US-China Dialogue on Global Issues
12. ‘Biosciences, healthcare, consumer, all opportunities.’
[Interview] John Watkins, Former Chairman of AmCham China (2009 – 2010) and senior business executive]
13. 'China: explain why markets not open.'
[Interview] Lester Ross, Wilmer Hale, Partner-in-Charge, Beijing Office